Trackbacks and pingsbacks are used to allow blogs to notify that they have been linked to a post but today they are used by spammers to send trackbacks from spam websites. In this article, we will help you to disable trackbacks and pings on existing WordPress posts.
Why disable trackbacks and pings in WordPress?
Earlier, trackbacks and pingbacks were introduced for blogs to link and notify each other (Now, it is mostly used by spammers to send trackback and pings).
You can now simply disable this feature by going to Setting > Discussion page and by unchecking the box ‘Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) on new articles’ option. Demo shown in the picture below:
Now, every new article you publish they would be safe from trackbacks as well as pingbacks.
Disable Trackbacks and Pings for WordPress posts
Above you got an idea to disable trackbacks and pingbacks for your new post. In this post, you will get information regarding, how you can disable trackbacks and pings on all your posts. For that, you need to follow the steps beow:
- Goto Posts > All Posts and click on Screen Options button on top right corner
- Enter 999 next to ‘Number of items per page’ as shown in figure above and then click on apply.
- After post’s list reload automatically, you need to select all posts by checking the box before Title :
- Now click ‘Edit’ from ‘Bulk Action’ drop down menu as shown in picture below. After that click on ‘Apply’ button
- Now you should be able to see bulk edit box with all the posts. Look for the pings option and change it to ‘Do not allow’:
- You need to click on ‘Update’ button to save setting.
Note: If you have more than 999 posts on your WordPress site, then you need to go to the next page and repeat the process.