vBulletin is a premium commercial forum software. To start with it, you can use the trial version of it and check if it works for you.
Now, that you have purchased it, follow the steps below to install vBulletin V4 forum on your domain:
- login to your vBulletin member area and assign the address where you want to install it, forum that can be either in your sub-domain or sub-directory.
- Now, you will get a download link for you.
NOTE: It requires PHP 5.2.0 or greater and MySQL 4.1.0 or greater.
- Login to your FTP account and upload the content of upload folder under vBulletinesuite, to your forum folder on your server. You can see the demo picture below:
- After uploaded, open Includes folder and edit the config.php.new file. Here, add database name, username and password, and rename the file to config.php. You may see the picture below for hints:
- Now open domain.com/install/install.php and enter your vBulletin customer number you go from vBulletin members area or vBulletin Email to complete the installation.
- After installation, you need to fill the details about your forum.
NOTE: leave everything default in cookie setting page.
- While creating username and password, use other custom name rather than “admin” as login username.
NOTE: if your installation sticks, simply go to install/install.php link again and restart. It generally happens due to time-out. After installation delete, /install directory.
- To access your forum admin panel, go to domain.com/admincpl/