Do you want to change the look of your WordPress pages adding header images? In this article, we will guide you to do it.
Method 1: Random header images using WordPress theme customizer
In order to add random header images using WordPress theme customizer. Follow the steps below:
- Goto Appearance > Customize to launch theme customizer.
- Click on ‘Header’ tab to expand it.
- Now, you will be able to see site’s current header image with other header images available to use.
- Click on ‘Add Image’ button to upload your custom header image (this image will appear under recently uploaded images).
- Click on ‘Randomize uploaded header’ button under recently uploaded images and save it
Method 2: Add custom header images on select pages using plugin
In order to add custom header images using plugin, follow the steps below:
- Install and activate WP Display Header plugin.
- After activated, edit an old post or create a new one. Here, you should be able to see a new meta box ‘Header’ below the post editor.
- You can click ‘Header’ button and select previously uploaded header image.
- If you want to add your custom header image then, Goto Appearance > Customize and click on Header tab.
- Click on ‘Add image’ button to upload more header images and after uploaded you may proceed back to 3rd
This plugin also allows you to change header image the category or tag archive pages. For that you need to:
- GotoPosts > Categories, then click on Edit button below category you want to change.
- On the category edit screen, you can select header image through the header section.
- Finally click ‘update’ to save changes.