Facebook being one of the largest social media platform, adding a like button will help you to reach your content to over billions of the users. In this article, we will guide you to add Facebook like button manually as well as by using a plugin.
Adding Facebook Like Button Manually
- First of all, you need to visit Like button page: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-button and configure your Like button. Demo image is shown below:
Note: leave the URL field emply.
- After you configure, click on Get Code.
- As shown in the figure, you will be shown 2 different codes. You need to copy the first code and paste it in your WordPress header.php file right after the <body> tag.
- Now, you need to copy the second code and paste in WordPress theme’s template file where you want to display your code.
- First of all, install and activate WP Like Button plugin.
- After activation, you should be able to see new menu WP Like Button in WordPress admin bar, click on it.
- As shown in the demo picture above, you need to choose as well as fill options. Once you fill all the options, you are done just save it.